Our Happy Teachers Sanghas are monthly spaces for teachers to practice, connect with each other and offer unconditional care to ourselves.
We are delighted to have two opportunities to practice each month, as each may support different time zones. Please sign up to our newsletter to receive Zoom links and the confirmation of the date. You can also find this information in our Events listings.
The format is: guided practices, total relaxation, circle sharing & songs to nourish our hearts. The sangha is supported by lay and monastic practitioners who offer their presence, experience, joy and wisdom to us all.
Date & time:
1) Happy Teachers Sangha
2) Happy Teachers Sangha of the Americas
We will meet at a time that meets the needs of most American educators, but all are welcome regardless of location.
How to join either sangha:
Please sign up to our Wake Up Schools newsletter to receive the Zoom link to access the sangha (as well as news, events and resources from Wake Up Schools). You can also find the Zoom link in our Events listings. There may be some months where we need to move the date in order to accommodate retreats or other community events, so please refer to the information in the Wake Up Schools newsletter or the Events listings.
The main sangha space will be offered in English at this time with circle sharing groups in English and other languages.
Good things to know:
- A sangha is a community of friends who practice mindful living together.
- We practice in the Plum Village tradition (you can discover more at www.plumvillage.org).
- We aim to participate in this space with kindness and care. This is not so much an intellectual space, but a refuge to take good care of ourselves and each other.
- We practice deep listening and loving speech, and train ourselves in non-discrimination and openness. We also practice to be part of this group and aim to flow as a river, appreciating the presence and gifts brought by ourselves and each other.
- We all belong in sangha. This is an inclusive space co-created by us all. If there is anything we can do to support your needs, please let us know.
- Free@Work Practice:
At our June 2021 sangha, Richard Brady shared this Free@Work reflective practice based on the work of the Mindfulness in Business group based in Germany. The teachers shared how it illuminated their sense of agency in their own freedom. We hope you enjoy.
1. Words and Chords to ‘Wishless’ by Joe Reilly
2. Peacefully Free
This song opened our sanghas in November 2022, when we were cultivating our compassion.